To undertake the objectives of documenting, archiving, and producing cultural resources, CCR employs various methods, such as:
- recording, transcribing, and documenting of stories
- ethnographic & photographic documentation of local cultures
- preparation of products, including exhibits, books, websites, CDs, monographs, and conference presentations.
Example projects currently being undertaking by CCR include the following:
- Oral history of Spanish Town, Baton Rouge's oldest historic neighborhood
- Commercial fishing museum in Charenton, Louisiana, to exhibit the lives of people who earn their living from the Atchafalaya Basin